The Mequon-Thiensville School District
The Mequon-Thiensville School District (MTSD) is a school district which serves the Milwaukee suburbs of Mequon and Thiensville, Wisconsin. The superintendent is Dr. Robert J. Slotterback, as of 2006.
The Mequon-Thiensville School District website: www.mtsd.k12.wi.us.
5000 W. Mequon Road
Mequon, WI 53092
The district is consistently ranked as among the best in the state of Wisconsin, with students scoring at profiencies well above average for the state. The district has a student-to-teacher ratio of 16 students per teacher.
In recent years, the district has faced fiscal problems as enrollment started to decline and a new state formula was implemented in school funding. Voters rejected a $7.5 million budget increase in February 2006. The district has hired its own fund raiser, former local television personality Dennis Krause, giving him the title of Community Resource Director.
MTSD served 3,563 students in the 2012-2013 school year. The students of the district are 88.68% white, 5.95% black, 3.62% Asian, 1.46% Hispanic and 0.2% Native American. The number of students in the district is also slowly declining after consistently increasing until 2001.
- Homestead High School – 262-238-5900
- Steffen Middle School – 262-238-4700
- Lakeshore Middle School – 262-238-7600
- Donges Bay Grade School – 262-238-7920
- Oriole Lane Grade School – 262-238-4220
- Wilson Grade School – 262-238-4600
- Range Line Grade School, closed in 2005
- Grand Avenue School, closed in 1982, building now, houses condominiums